It’s time to refresh your knowledge on how to watch the Marvel movies in order once again. With the emergence of Secret Invasion lurking in the shadows, it’s the perfect opportunity to revisit the entire story by dusting off your box sets and subscribing to Disney Plus.
However, with a staggering 44 (!) MCU projects released, accomplishing this task is easier said than done. To simplify the process, we have done the hard work for you and compiled comprehensive watch order lists below.
Firstly, there’s the option to watch the Marvel movies and shows in release date order. This straightforward approach begins with Iron Man and progresses all the way to Guardians of the Galaxy 3 and Secret Invasion. Please note that we have excluded one-shots and projects that don’t fit neatly into the official canon, such as Agents of SHIELD.
Next, we delve into the Marvel timeline by providing a guide to watching the MCU movies in chronological order. This chronological journey spans from the 1940s to the in-universe “present day” of 2026. Additionally, we address common queries, including what content is available on Disney Plus and whether entries like Across the Spider-Verse and Netflix’s Daredevil contribute to the overarching story Marvel Studios aims to tell.
For more information, be sure to explore our guide to upcoming Marvel movies and our breakdown of the ending in Guardians 3.
MCU order: all 44 Marvel movies and shows
How to watch the Marvel movies in order – release order
Best for: Newcomers to the Marvel movies.
Let’s start with the recommended release order for watching the Marvel movies. It’s worth mentioning that Marvel films are divided into Phases, where the conclusion of each Phase typically represents the end of a story arc, while the beginning of a new Phase introduces significant new characters.
Here, we present Phases 1 to 5 in their release order. This list includes not only the movies but also important Disney Plus series such as WandaVision, Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Loki, Moon Knight, She-Hulk, and more. These series play a crucial role in advancing the overarching narrative.
- 1. Iron Man (2008)
- 2. The Incredible Hulk (2008)
- 3. Iron Man 2 (2010)
- 4. Thor (2011)
- 5. Captain America: The First Avenger (2011)
- 6. The Avengers (2012)
- 7. Iron Man 3 (2013)
- 8. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- 9. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- 10. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- 11. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- 12. Ant-Man (2015)
- 13. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- 14. Doctor Strange (2016)
- 15. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2017)
- 16. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017)
- 17. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- 18. Black Panther (2017)
- 19. Avengers: Infinity War (2018)
- 20. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2018)
- 21. Captain Marvel (2019)
- 22. Avengers: Endgame (2019)
- 23. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2019)
- 24. WandaVision (Disney Plus series, 2021)
- 25. Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney Plus series, 2021)
- 26. Loki season 1 (Disney Plus series)
- 27. Black Widow (2021)
- 28. What If…? (Disney Plus series, 2021)
- 29. Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings (2021)
- 30. Eternals (2021)
- 31. Hawkeye (Disney Plus series, 2021)
- 32. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2021)
- 33. Moon Knight (Disney Plus series, 2022)
- 34. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2022)
- 35. Ms. Marvel (Disney Plus series, 2022)
- 36. Thor: Love and Thunder (2022)
- 37. I Am Groot (Disney Plus series, 2022)
- 38. She-Hulk (Disney Plus series, 2022)
- 39. Werewolf By Night (Disney Plus special, 2022)
- 40. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
- 41. Guardians of the Galaxy Christmas Special (Disney Plus special, 2022)
- 42. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)
- 43. Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (2023)
- 44. Secret Invasion (2023)
Want to dive in right now? The majority of the Marvel movies are available on Disney Plus. If you want to check out the best deals for the streaming service, head over to our Disney Plus bundles page.
Watch on Disney Plus
You may already be aware that Disney Plus offers the largest assortment of Marvel movies among all streaming services. It provides an affordable option to watch these films without having to invest in costly DVDs or Blu-rays. The subscription starts at $6.99 / £5.99 / AU$11.99 per month (or $69.99 / £59.99 / AU$119.99 per year).
We are also well-informed about Marvel’s future plans, as they have outlined their roadmap for Phase 5 and beyond. Phase 5 has recently commenced, and although Deadpool 3 is the only film not directly associated with a specific Phase, we can tentatively place it alongside Blade for now, as Marvel’s Phase 6 will kick off with Fantastic Four.
Here’s a glimpse of the Marvel movies set to release in the coming years. For a detailed exploration, be sure to refer to our comprehensive guide on all the upcoming Marvel movies and shows that will soon be making their way to audiences.
Marvel Phase 5:
- Loki season 2 – October 9, 2023 (Disney Plus series)
- The Marvels (AKA Captain Marvel 2) – November 10, 2023
- Echo – November 29, 2023 (Disney Plus series)
- Ironheart – TBC 2023/2024 (Disney Plus series)
- Agatha: Coven of Chaos – TBC 2023/2024 (Disney Plus series)
- Daredevil: Born Again – Spring 2024 (Disney Plus series)
- Deadpool 3 – May 3, 2024
- Captain America: Brave New World – July 26, 2024
- Thunderbolts – December 20, 2024
- Blade – February 14, 2025
Marvel Phase 6:
- Fantastic Four – May 2, 2025
- Avengers: The Kang Dynasty – May 1, 2026
- Avengers: Secret Wars – May 7, 2027
- Shang-Chi 2 – TBA
- Nova – TBA
- Armor Wars – TBA
- Wakanda/Okoye spin-off – TBA (Disney Plus series)
- Wonder Man – TBA (Disney Plus series)
- What If…? season 2 – TBA (Disney Plus series)
- What If…? season 3 – TBA (Disney Plus series)
- Spider-Man: Freshman Year – TBA (Disney Plus series)
- Spider-Man: Sophomore Year – TBA (Disney Plus series)
- Marvel Zombies – TBA (Disney Plus series)
How to watch the Marvel movies in order – chronological order
Best for: MCU veterans looking for a new way to watch.
If you’re interested in experiencing the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU) from a slightly different perspective, you may want to explore how to watch the Marvel movies in chronological order.
This approach is a bit more intricate compared to the previous list. Fortunately, Marvel has provided official information on the years in which each movie takes place. This includes productions like Falcon and the Winter Soldier, which neatly fits between Endgame and Far From Home, and Hawkeye, which aligns with the events of No Way Home. As we progress through the timeline, we reach the years 2025 and 2026, where She-Hulk, Thor: Love and Thunder, Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, and Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania appear to be set. Secret Invasion and Guardians 3 take place, more or less, in 2026.
However, it’s important to note that Marvel occasionally takes creative liberties with the chronological order of some entries. Our list follows Marvel’s official order on Disney Plus as a guide, but certain aspects may feel a bit jumbled if analyzed too intensely. We’re looking at you, Werewolf by Night. Additionally, for completionists out there, the I Am Groot short “First Steps” occurs before Guardians 2, while the rest of the shorts come after that sequel. For now, we have positioned Secret Invasion as the latest project in the chronological order.
- 1. Captain America: The First Avenger (1942-1943)
- 2. Captain Marvel (1995)
- 3. Iron Man (2010)
- 4. Iron Man 2 (2011)
- 5. The Incredible Hulk (2011)
- 6. Thor (2011)
- 7. The Avengers (2012)
- 8. Iron Man 3 (2012)
- 9. Thor: The Dark World (2013)
- 10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014)
- 11. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
- 12. Guardians of the Galaxy 2 (2014)
- 13. I Am Groot (2014)
- 14. Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015)
- 15. Ant-Man (2015)
- 16. Captain America: Civil War (2016)
- 17. Spider-Man: Homecoming (2016)
- 18. Doctor Strange (2016-2017)
- 19. Black Widow (2017)
- 20. Black Panther (2017)
- 21. Thor: Ragnarok (2017)
- 22. Ant-Man and the Wasp (2017)
- 23. Avengers: Infinity War (2017)
- 24. Avengers: Endgame (2018-2023)
- 25. Loki (outside of our conception of time, but around here!)
- 26. What If…? (also outside of our conception of time!)
- 27. WandaVision (2023)
- 28. Falcon and the Winter Soldier (2023-2024)
- 29. Shang-Chi and The Legend of the Ten Rings (2023-2024)
- 30. Spider-Man: Far From Home (2024)
- 31. Spider-Man: No Way Home (2024)
- 32. Eternals (2024)
- 33. Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness (2024)
- 34. Hawkeye (Christmas 2024)
- 35. Moon Knight (2025)
- 36. Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2025)
- 37. She-Hulk (2025)
- 38. Ms. Marvel (2025)
- 39. Thor: Love and Thunder (2025)
- 40. Werewolf By Night (2025)
- 41. Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special (2025)
- 42. Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2025)
- 43. Guardians of the Galaxy 3 (2026)
- 44. Secret Invasion (2026)
Non-MCU Marvel movies and shows in the MCU
Best for: Anyone who wants to fully appreciate No Way Home
Now we come to the perplexing aspect: the multiverse. Spider-Man: No Way Home has introduced various Spider-Man villains from different dimensions into the MCU. To fully comprehend the motivations and intentions of these characters in No Way Home, it’s advisable to have watched several older Spider-Man movies.
These movies take place across three alternate timelines: one featuring Tobey Maguire as Spider-Man, another with Andrew Garfield as Spidey, and a third where Tom Hardy’s Eddie Brock transforms into the villain Venom. For a comprehensive exploration of how to watch these Spider-Man movies in order, please refer to our detailed guide.
You may also be curious about Across the Spider-Verse. Technically, it exists within the broader multiverse (as referenced in the Spider-Verse sequel), but it doesn’t necessarily need to be watched in any particular order aside from within the framework of its own trilogy.
- Spider-Man (2002)
- Spider-Man 2 (2004)
- Spider-Man 3 (2007)
- The Amazing Spider-Man (2012)
- The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)
- Venom (2018)
- Venom: Let There Be Carnage (2021)
- Morbius (2022)
Next, we have The Defenders, a series that occupies a somewhat ambiguous place within the MCU. Initially, it had strong ties to the movies, but gradually lost connection, primarily due to its origin as Netflix productions. However, all the Defenders series are now available on Disney Plus. If you’re interested in delving into Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, and The Punisher, it’s essential to know the optimal watch order. Fortunately, we have the exact resource you need: a comprehensive guide on how to watch The Defenders Saga in order.
Daredevil’s story, which commences in She-Hulk and continues in Born Again in 2024, loosely picks up where the Netflix series left off. Although the three seasons on Netflix haven’t been officially declared canon, Charlie Cox’s return and the intriguing connection to Secret Invasion are as close as we can get to confirming that The Defenders Saga partially existed within the MCU.
How to watch the Marvel movies in order on Disney Plus
Best for: People with a Disney Plus subscription
Disney Plus has made a significant impact on the streaming landscape, emerging as a major competitor to Netflix and Amazon Prime. With its vast library of content, including classic Disney movies, original series, and a majority of the Marvel movies, Disney Plus has revolutionized the online streaming experience.
Below, you can find a comprehensive list of the Marvel movies available on Disney Plus, as well as those that will be added in the future. It’s important to note that The Incredible Hulk and most of the Spider-Man movies are not available on Disney Plus. The rights to Hulk belong to Universal, while Sony retains the rights to Spider-Man. However, Far From Home is accessible in the UK, and Homecoming was recently added to the service.
Additionally, Quantumania is now available on Disney Plus, and we anticipate that Guardians of the Galaxy 3 will be released on the platform around July.
- Iron Man
- Iron Man 2
- Captain America: The First Avenger
- The Avengers
- Iron Man 3
- Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- Thor: The Dark World
- Guardians of the Galaxy
- Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Avengers: Age of Ultron
- Captain America: Civil War
- Doctor Strange
- Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2
- Thor: Ragnarok
- Black Panther
- Avengers: Infinity War
- Captain Marvel
- Ant-Man and the Wasp
- Avengers: Endgame
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- The Falcon and the Winter Soldier
- Black Widow
- What If…?
- Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings
- Moon Knight
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
- Ms. Marvel
- Thor: Love and Thunder
- Werewolf By Night
- Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
- Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania
- Secret Invasion
Today’s best Disney+ deals
That concludes the guide on how to watch the Marvel movies in order. So, what are you waiting for? If you don’t have a Disney Plus subscription yet, here are the latest sign-up deals available worldwide. With the discontinuation of the Disney Plus free trial, subscribing is the optimal way to maximize your entertainment value.
If you’re interested in exploring watch orders for other movie franchises, we have you covered. Check out our comprehensive articles on how to watch the DC movies in order, how to watch the Star Wars movies in order, and how to watch the X-Men movies in order.
- Dvdplay 2023 Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu Movies Download
- TamilYogi 2023 Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu Movies Download
- KhatriMaza 2023 Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu Movies Download
- KhatriMaza 2023 Malayalam, Tamil, Telugu Movies Download
- Extramovies 2023 Download Bollywood, Hollywood, Telgu Movies
Follow On Social Media
|Join WhatasApps Group||Click Here|
|Join Telegram Channel||Click Here|
|Join on Twitter||Click Here|
|Join on Facebook||Click Here|
FAQs How to watch the Marvel movies in order
Q: What is the recommended order to watch the Marvel movies?
A: There are two main ways to watch the Marvel movies: in release order and in chronological order. In release order, you start with Iron Man (2008) and follow the release dates of each subsequent film. In chronological order, you start with Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) and follow the timeline of events within the MCU. Both orders have their merits, so it depends on your personal preference.
Q: Are the Marvel TV shows important to the overall story?
A: Yes, the Marvel TV shows, especially those on Disney Plus, are crucial to the overarching story of the MCU. They expand upon characters, introduce new storylines, and have direct connections to the movies. Watching the TV shows alongside the movies provides a more comprehensive understanding of the Marvel universe.
Q: Where can I watch the Marvel movies?
A: The majority of the Marvel movies can be streamed on Disney Plus, which is currently the primary streaming service for Marvel content. However, a few movies, such as The Incredible Hulk and some Spider-Man films, may not be available due to distribution rights with other studios. Additionally, you can also find Marvel movies on other digital platforms, Blu-rays, and DVDs.
Q: Are there any one-shots or TV shows that are important to the MCU?
A: While the Marvel one-shots and TV shows offer additional content and insights into the MCU, they are not considered essential viewing for understanding the main movie storyline. However, they can enhance your overall experience and provide more depth to certain characters and events.
Q: Will upcoming Marvel movies be released on Disney Plus?
A: Yes, future Marvel movies will be released on Disney Plus through their Premier Access feature, which allows subscribers to stream new releases at an additional cost. However, it’s important to note that theatrical releases will still be the primary distribution method for Marvel movies, and their availability on Disney Plus may vary based on regional release schedules and agreements.
How to Watch the Marvel Movies in order, How to Watch the Marvel Movies in order, How to Watch the Marvel Movies in order, How to Watch the Marvel Movies in order, How to Watch the Marvel Movies in order