What is AO Code in PAN Card: PAN cards are issued by the Income Tax Department of the Government of India. Many information about the applicant is given on the PAN card, one of which is the AO Code. Many people have PAN cards made, but they do not have any information about their AO Code. This is one of the important information of PAN card. If you have a PAN card and you do not know about the AO code then you stay in this article because today we will give you complete information about it through this article.
Full form of AO Code
Full form of AO Code – Assessing Officer is the code, which determines and assesses the jurisdiction related to taxation.
What is AO Code?
The full name of AO Code is Assessing Officer. AO Code is the area code of your district which consists of AO area code, range type code and AO number. This is a type of code which indicates a particular area so that the officials can know at once what is the area and function of this PAN card.
If you are applying for PAN card online then you will need AO code. Which you can ask from the department official or can provide by giving some important information through online medium, you can get the AO code by giving the city information on the basis of office residential area.
Types of AO Code
AO code is an important code related to PAN card which is necessary for all citizens and employees living in India. With the help of AO code, the government identifies the category of common citizens and employees and businesses. There are 2 types of AO codes AO codes can be found on the official website of NSDL or you can get the list of AO codes on the official website of Protean egov Technology Limited portal.
- Indian Army (Army, Navy, Air Force) or Defense Personnel
- ordinary citizen
Indian Army and Defense Personnel:- In this section, AO code has been created only for the people of Indian Army and Defense Personnel. This code can be used only by a person who is working in the Army or Air Force. If an Army candidate applies for his PAN card while on duty, then he will have to use the Army and Defense Personnel Court.
All Other General Citizens:- In Part 2, AO code has been created for all other general citizens except Army and Air Force Academy. If you apply for PAN card online or offline, and you are not a person related to Indian Army and Defense Research, then you have to use Part 2 code.
|salary, or combination including salary,
Income from business or combination including business income,
A.O. Code should be as per office address (*)
For all other cases, A.O. The code should be as per the residential address.
If you have a company, partnership firm, trust, local authority, body of individuals, association of individuals, Hindu undivided family, artificial juridical person, limited liability partnership, related business, then your AO code should be as per the office address.
How to Find your AO Code
If you want to apply online for PAN card and you do not know your AO code and you want to know your AO code information/process of finding AO code then follow all the procedures given below step wise. And get your city related AO code easily.
To get the AO code of your city, first of all you have to search by writing AO CODE in Google. After that, you will see the option written “PAN AO Code – NSDL Tax Information Network (TIN) – Search” on the search page, click on it.
As soon as you click, a new page of NSDL PAN will open. On which some important information related to AO Code would have been given. Which you can read or go to the bottom of the page to find your city related AO Code where you will find the English alphabet from A to Z, alphabet wise, first letter of the name of all the districts/cities. Click on the option of the first letter of the name of the city for which you want to search the AO CODE.
- For example, if I want to know the AO Code of Lucknow, then I will click on the letter “L”.
- As soon as you click on the letter L, the names of all the cities related to L will open on the screen, as shown in the image below.
- After the new page opens, I will click on my city Lucknow.
- As soon as you click, the AO codes of all the cities under Lucknow city will open, which I will note down according to my city and will use the same AO code while applying for PAN card. Which you can also do.
We are telling you another way to find AO CODE –
- If you live in a small village of Lucknow city and want to find your AO code, then first of all you have to search by typing NSDL AO CODE in Google.
- After that, you will see the option written “PAN AO Code – NSDL Tax Information Network (TIN) – Search” on the search page, click on it.
- After that click on the alphabet of your city after which you will see the name of your city, click on it.
- After that, the page with AO CODE of the names of all the villages/cities falling under Lucknow city will open. In which you can search the name of your village with the help of “Find Features” in your computer/mobile.
- SBI Bank Passbook PDF Download 2023
- Bihar Caste Certificate Online Apply 2023
- New Voter Card Online Apply In Bihar 2023
- How to Check Mobile Number Linked with Aadhar :
FAQ’s What is AO Code in PAN Card?
What is AO code?
AO CODE is an area code which shows the place of residence and category of a person.
What is the use of AO code?
AO Code is the code of the area of your district, which helps the Assessing Officer to determine the income tax.
Is AO code necessary for PAN card?
Yes, AO CODE is necessary to make a PAN card, on the basis of this the government gets the facility to collect tax on the basis of people’s area and income.
Can I change my AO code?
Yes, you can change your AO code if you change your residence.
What is AO Code in PAN Card, What is AO Code in PAN Card, What is AO Code in PAN Card, What is AO Code in PAN Card